See also Agile Techniques and Workshop Techniques.
Platforms are Products
Notes from Tito's Made Tech talk August 2020 (see also screenshots below):
- if one team has no interface with user, turn them into platform as product where other teams are their users
- give them physical boxes and pens and ask them to decorate them as though it was a product
- give the users a choice - they don't have to use the platform
- GovPaaS are a great example of a team creating platform as a product
Think Big, Start Small
Notes from Tito's Made Tech talk August 2020:
- Think big by starting small. What's the tiniest thing I could do today to make a difference?
- people have a tendency to plan massive overhauls
- this can mean you have a giant budget
- but don't start with the giant goal
- eg overall goal is to decrese case load by 75%
- start by decreasing it by 5%, or 1%, or by just one case
- set that as your first goal
- your plan is wrong, and you want to learn how it is wrong as early as possible
- small posoitive effects compound, they aren't linear
- don't underestimate the effect of experiencing victory
- maintain the big vision while experiencing the small victories towards that big goal.