Contents of this page:
Running and knees
- Advice on protecting your knees while running
- NB: Cadence is the number of times your foot hits the ground per minute. According to the above article, you should aim for the same cadence (around 180) whether you are running fast or slow - so you just increase your stride length to get a higher speed.
- If you have a slow cadence it’s easy to overstride and heel-strike (land on the heel of your foot instead of in the middle of your foot), which is bad for your knees.
- Exercises to strengthen the knees
- More advice on knees and running
- couch to 5k