Contents of this page:
Add your own music files to your iphone using itunes
- Open iTunes on your laptop.
- Attach your phone to your laptop using USB / lightning cable.
- Click “Allow device” on your iphone
- Wait a minute
- Click “Trust” on device and enter passcode
- Click “Continue” on laptop
- Click the tiny iphone icon near the top of the screen towards the left
- To add to file system
- Select File Sharing on the left
- Select the app you want in the list of apps
- (Warning - the scrolling doesn’t work well - there will be more apps in the list than you think)
- Scroll down to the bottom
- Click Add file (bottom right) and select your file
- (if you’re copying from phone to laptop, select file first and then click Save)
- To add to actual itunes
- I DON’T RECOMMEND THIS. WAY TOO SLOW AND COMPLICATED.
- Edit => Preferences => Import Settings => Import usiong mp3 encoder (+ select desired quality)
- File => Add file to library
- Select music on the left
- click sync music