Contents of this page:
Non-Fungible Token (NFT)
- mywebsite.co.uk/find-your-collection-day – “find-your-collection-day” is a slug
- Wait some milliseconds before sending (eg) ajax search requests (while typing)
Declarative vs Imperative
- Declarative: Declare an intent without specifying implementation detail. Eg Linq
- Imperative: Say HOW it will be done. Eg detailed for loops?
SOAP and REST and SOAP vs REST
- See UsefulNotes.docx (available to Clare only - TW-Stuff/Organising/Notes)
- First taught to me by Mark Kirschstein in a workshop at LateRooms
- A way of debugging
- Gradually narrow down the possible lines of code that might contain the bug
- Kent Beck:
- “works by taking a failing test and progressively inlining parts of it until you can’t inline further without losing sight of the defect. Here’s the cycle:
- Inline a non-working method in the test.
- Place a (failing) assertion earlier in the test than the existing assertions.
- Prune away parts of the test that are no longer relevant.
- More here
- Same concept as binary search algorithm?
- Similar concept to Diff Debugging?