Contents of this page:
Docs and Blog Posts
Sadly by necessity some of my repos are private. Those that are private are clearly marked. For those that are, please don't ask me to share the code, because I can't. They're listed here purely for my reference.
- cadogan/infra (PRIVATE)
- See infra sub-folder
- Root-Scripts (PRIVATE)
- My own root scripts, installed on all machines I use.
- Infra-Scripts (PRIVATE)
- Useful command-line scripts and infrastructure stuff (eg Terraform, Kubernetes, GCP) from various projects
- ReconciliationConfig (PRIVATE)
- contains scripts used to fiddle with Reconciliate.
DORA State of DevOps 2019
- DORA State of DevOps report 2019 (accessible to Clare only) - you can download your own copy here
- I saw a great presentation about this by Tito Sarrionandia (slides available to Clare only here) where he talked about four key metrics:
- Deployment frequency
- Lead time
- Time to restore
- Change failure rate
- He made the following points:
- Those four measurable areas are not tradeoffs
- They represent measures of speed and of stability - they correlate highly with each other
- Organisations moving faster, are typically breaking less.
- There is no evidence that organisations are able to optimise one of those things by trading off the others. High performers score highly across the board in all four metrics, low performers score badly across the board.
- Blog post about the report